DID YOU ENJOY UFC 293 ADESANYA VS STRICKLAND
DC is a garbage announcer.
He said “ who knows what the score is, could be izzy 3-1” John Anik “I couldn’t see any scorecard having izzy 3-1” Then saying how great Izzy shots were when they missed!
Dimension time space thing
Imagine telling someone that there would be multiple homosexual slurs said on the mic and a PR nightmare, and they’d think Strickland took the loss really poorly.
But here we are, he didn’t even say anything controversial and actually won.
This is some interstellar other dimension time space thing
WTF was Izzy doing?
He underestimated Sean and was so obsessed with knockout that he used the same trick used on Alex again. But this time it did not work on Sean, and caused some serious damage on Izzy. Even in round 2, Izzy was still trying to lure Sean and looking to KO him, but Sean just didn’t buy it. Sean was so calm and kept pushing forward with great leg kick defense. Compared to Costa fight, Costa got his leg destroyed by the end of 1st round. But Sean checked almost all the leg kicks and received no damage by the end of 3rd round. Izzy wasted so much energy with his dancing while Sean was walking steadily.
Izzy had this guy call him a dog fucker and a Chinese citizen. Then that guy came and DOMINATED you on your home turf and took your belt lol
Strickland to become champ.
After all the fag slurs, we should have know that it was written in the stars for Strickland to become champ.
Get on top of his gf.
Guys don’t be fooled. This wasn’t some fluke performance. Izzy was 100% coming in. Sean pressured with big dick, Sean checked every fuckin leg kick, Sean punished Izzy’s stationary stance against the cage, Sean pulled the horseshoe out of Izzy’s ass AND BEAT HIM OVER THE HEAD WITH IT. Now he’s gonna go home
Imagine swanging and banging with a Pacific Islander that has a Don Frye mustache and thinking you’ll win
Izzy couldn’t touch him
Sean just put on the greatest defensive performance I’ve ever seen,
Disney looking to sell off UFC tomorrow
Did DC just ask a female if she could imagine a 6’7 guy on top of her?
If you lost 220k for 30K you need help
Shit is so weird.
I’m really starting to think this whole dog thing rocked Izzy mentally, the fact that it was the first thing he mentioned in the ring after losing to Sean is evidence of that.
He spent time this week responding to trolls on Twitter calling him out for it, he got fired up at the press conference after Sean brought it up…
He was uncharacteristically not himself in the ring, I almost feel like he really internalized this whole thing more than we thought he would; like his image/legacy was being tarnished and overshadowed by this bizzare scandal…he was/is embarrassed and ashamed (which makes it even stranger tbh), and it distracted him enough that he was completely thrown off his game…
Sean winning is the funniest timeline. The shitposts are killing me.
Im happy for Paulo. He must be pumped
UFC 293: Sean Strickland Dethrones Israel Adesanya to Become New Middleweight Champion
In a stunning upset, Sean Strickland dethroned Israel Adesanya to become the new UFC middleweight champion at UFC 293 on Saturday night in Sydney, Australia.
Strickland, the No. 6-ranked middleweight contender, used his wrestling and pressure to control the fight for five rounds, winning a unanimous decision by scores of 49-46, 49-46, and 49-46.
It was a dominant performance by Strickland, who never gave Adesanya a chance to get comfortable. He constantly pressured Adesanya with his jab and takedowns, and he was able to land some heavy ground-and-pound throughout the fight.
Adesanya, the defending champion, was never able to find his rhythm. He was tentative on his feet and he was unable to land his signature striking combinations.
After the fight, Strickland was emotional as he celebrated his victory. He dedicated the win to his late father, who passed away earlier this year.
“This is for my dad,” Strickland said. “I know he’s looking down on me right now and he’s proud of me.”
Strickland’s victory is a major upset, but it is not entirely unexpected. Strickland is a talented fighter who has been on a tear in recent years. He is a former All-American wrestler and he has a well-rounded game.
With this victory, Strickland has established himself as the new face of the middleweight division. He is a dangerous fighter who will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.
Here are some of the key moments from the fight:
- In the first round, Strickland took Adesanya down and controlled him on the ground for most of the round.
- In the second round, Strickland continued to pressure Adesanya and he landed some heavy punches and kicks.
- In the third round, Strickland landed a big takedown and he landed some ground-and-pound.
- In the fourth round, Strickland continued to control the fight and he landed some more takedowns.
- In the fifth round, Strickland closed out the fight strong and he landed some more takedowns.
Here are some of the takeaways from the fight:
- Strickland is a legitimate middleweight champion. He is a dangerous fighter with a well-rounded game.
- Adesanya is still a top contender, but he needs to make some adjustments if he wants to get his title back.
- The middleweight division is wide open now that Adesanya is no longer the champion. There are a lot of talented fighters who are vying for the title.
The next challenger for Strickland’s title is unclear. Some possible contenders include:
- Jared Cannonier
- Derek Brunson
- Marvin Vettori
- Robert Whittaker
- Paulo Costa
Strickland’s victory is a major upset, but it is a sign of the changing times in the middleweight division. The division is full of talented fighters and it is anyone’s guess who will be the next champion.
- Middleweight Championship: Sean Strickland def. Israel Adesanya by unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46)
- Heavyweight: Tai Tuivasa def. Alexander Volkov by knockout (punches) at 2:14 of round 2
- Featherweight: Aljamain Sterling def. Pedro Munhoz by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Women’s Bantamweight: Holly Holm def. Ketlen Vieira by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Lightweight: Brad Riddell def. Jalin Turner by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Welterweight: Jake Matthews def. A.J. Dobson by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Women’s Flyweight: Joanne Calderwood def. Lauren Murphy by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Featherweight: Carlos Ulberg def. Da Un Jung by knockout (punches) at 3:13 of round 1
- Light Heavyweight: Tyson Pedro def. Justin Tafa by knockout (punches) at 1:24 of round 1
- Middleweight: Jack Jenkins def. Jose Mariscal by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Early Preliminary Card
- Women’s Bantamweight: Vanessa Melo def. Hannah Goldy by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Lightweight: Mike Mathetha def. Nasrat Haqparast by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Welterweight: Charlie Radtke def. Carlos Felipe by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Middleweight: Shane Young def. Brad Tavares by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Fight of the Night: Brad Riddell vs. Jalin Turner
Performance of the Night: Sean Strickland, Aljamain Sterling, and Mike Mathetha
Overall, UFC 293 was a great event with some exciting fights. Strickland’s victory over Adesanya was the highlight of the night, but there were many other great performances as well.
UFC 293: Adesanya vs Strickland: The Ultimate Preview
The middleweight division of the UFC is one of the most exciting in the sport, and it is only getting better. On September 9, 2023, the division will be put on display in Sydney, Australia, when champion Israel Adesanya defends his title against Sean Strickland in the main event of UFC 293.
Adesanya is one of the most dominant champions in UFC history. He has held the middleweight title since 2019, and he has successfully defended it nine times. He is a master of striking, and he has a diverse arsenal of techniques that he can use to beat his opponents.
Strickland is a rising star in the middleweight division. He is known for his aggressive style, and he is not afraid to stand and trade with anyone. He is also a very good wrestler, and he has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
This fight is a clash of styles, and it is sure to be an exciting one. Adesanya will look to use his striking to keep Strickland at bay, while Strickland will look to pressure Adesanya and force him into a fight.
The Key Matchup
The key matchup in this fight is the striking battle between Adesanya and Strickland. Adesanya is one of the best strikers in the UFC, and he has a wide variety of techniques that he can use to beat his opponents. Strickland is also a very good striker, but he is not as diverse as Adesanya. He is more likely to rely on his power and aggression to win fights.
If Adesanya can land his strikes, he will be able to control the fight and eventually wear Strickland down. However, if Strickland can pressure Adesanya and force him into a fight, he has a chance to win by knockout.
The X-factor in this fight is Strickland’s wrestling. Strickland is a very good wrestler, and he has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. If he can take Adesanya down, he will have a good chance of winning the fight. However, Adesanya is also a very good wrestler, and he is not easy to take down.
If Strickland can get the fight to the ground, he will have a chance to win by submission. However, if Adesanya can keep the fight standing, he will be the favorite to win.
I believe that Adesanya will win this fight. He is the better striker, and he has a better overall game. I think he will be able to keep Strickland at bay and eventually win by decision.
However, Strickland is a dangerous opponent, and he is not to be underestimated. If he can get the fight to the ground, he has a chance to win. But I think Adesanya will be too much for him, and he will retain his title.
The Rest of the Card
In addition to the main event, UFC 293 also features a number of other exciting fights. Here are a few of the other fights to watch:
- In the co-main event, Alexander Volkanovski defends his featherweight title against Max Holloway in a trilogy fight.
- In the middleweight division, Jared Cannonier takes on Kelvin Gastelum.
- In the welterweight division, Stephen Thompson faces off against Belal Muhammad.
- In the women’s bantamweight division, Holly Holm fights Ketlen Vieira.
This is a stacked card, and it is sure to be an exciting night of fights. I am looking forward to seeing who comes out on top.
Watch UFC 293: Adesanya vs Strickland 9/9/23 9th September 2023 Live 9th September 2023 2023/09/09 Livestream and Fullshow Online Free